Hello my dear competitive aspirants,
In this article we are going to see about 20 ‘pronoun questions for competitive exams’. These questions are very important for the competitive exam point of view. So if you have learnt the chapter ‘Pronoun’ you must practice these standard questions of pronoun.
In this article firstly 20 questions are given and after these answers and explanation are also discussed. So that you will not face any problem. You can easily check your choosen answers of these questions. Let’s see-
Pronoun exercise with answer –
Direction : Each Sentence has any error. Correct the following sentences.
- It was me who telephoned you yesterday.
- Which house do you live ?
- One can’t bear his insult like this.
- She has absented from duty today again.
- None of the two girls could complete the job.
- I, you and he were present in the function.
- Let you and I go to play.
- Who is she Who can abuse me like this?
- Each of the employees have to arrange their own vehicle.
- The cow has hurt his legs.
Pronoun questions for Competitive exams :
Direction : Fill in the blanks with suitable pronouns.
- I am one year older than ………… .
- The boy …………. fell of his bicycle has hurt his leg.
- This is the paragraph about ……………. the teacher is talking.
- The cabinet gave …………. vote.
- She and I completed …………. work.
- ………….. book do you like ?
(c) in which
- …………… were running in the ground ?
- The dog …………… color is black is not mine.
(b) Of whom
(d) of which
- He ………… does his best shall be rewarded.
(c) either can be used
- I don’t understand …………. you mean.
Answers & Explanation –
- It was I who telephoned you yesterday.
- In which house do you live? OR
Which house do you live in ?
- One can’t bear one’s insult like this.
- She has absented herself from duty today again.
- Neither of the two girls could complete the job.
- You, he and I were present in the function.
- Let you and me go to play.
- Who is she that can abuse me like this?
- Each of the employees has to arrange his own vehicle.
- The cow has hurt its legs.
- (a) The comparison of subjective case pronoun can be with Subjective case.
- (a) According to Antecedent (Boy) Relative pronoun ‘Who’ is correct.
- (b) Relative pronoun ‘Which’ is appropriate for antecedent ‘Paragraph’.
- (a) Cabinet is used as divided sense therefore possessive pronoun ‘Their’ will be used.
- (a) For subject She and I, possessive pronoun ‘our’ is correct.
- (a) ‘Which’ is used for choice.
- (c) In this sentence there is a need of subject therefore a subjective case’ pronoun ‘Who’ will be used.
- (d) Of which is possessive case of the pronoun ‘Which’.
- (c) both a and b options can be used here, however option (c) is correct.
- (a) there is no antecedent in this sentence therefore Relative pronoun ‘What’ will be used.
Related articles : Must read
● Noun questions for competitive exams.
● Noun practice set for ssc exams
● Advance level noun exercise
● Present continuous tense in hindi (Basic level)
● Present indefinite tense in hindi (advance level)
● Present indefinite tense in hindi (Basic level)
For these type of educational content follow our website : Gs center . In further posts we will discuss about all chapters of english and practice set will also be provided.